Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Denial OR what?!...

When my mom was in the hospital, I got to talk to her Orthopedic Surgeon at the Nurse's station alone (of coarse - she couldn't get out of bed). He said that the reason he wasn't going to do anything to her right hip was b/c she really needed a hip replacement & there was a lesion there in that joint area. Therefore, he said it was really out of his league & he would rather her see an oncological orthopedist.

Now my mom says - NO Shawn! The reason he wouldn't do surgery on it is b/c I need a hip replacement & he doesn't do them. She's dead set on denying there is cancer there, etc. It's ok - if that's what keeps her faith than so be it. I'm just amazed at how she knows about our conversation when she couldn't get out of the bed to go the nurse's station.

I will be so glad when she goes to see the specialist so he can confirm some things! The Orthopedist she is going to see used to take care of the Ice Bats (the Austin Hockey team)... too cool!!! We all know he's the best now.

No comments:

My Mistakes...