As I sit & think about how I made it thru another week, I wonder what happened this week & where did it go?! I have still felt yucky this week with allergies & congestion so I wasn't up to my normal self (therefore I haven't blogged). With another week passing by so quickly, I have that feeling that I'm living on borrowed time.
This brings the question: whose time am I borrowing? I would have to say God's. Thursday night our pastor preached about Your Commitment to God. He used dieting as an example of what we do with our walk with God. He said you start out real good on Monday & do really well on the daily diet. You get up, pray, read your Bible & are careful in your walk with God. Tuesday morning, you start out good again but before the end of the day - things that didn't smell good & foods you didn't even like tend to distract you. By the end of the week, you have forgotten all about your goal & have let it all go again. Then on Monday again, you start out with the diet again & with good intentions one more time. But, when are you going to stop trying & really focus on living your life for God?!
Trying to please ourselves & others becomes the goal in our life. With this lifestyle, we have a real inconvenient truth to acknowledge. Jesus asked that question, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36). The real inconvenient truth is that trying to live a self-fulfilling life that is secular with no room for the sacred has been tried and found lacking. It does not bring peace, it is void of lasting joy, and it strips the soul of righteousness. The inconvenient truth is that the world's plan does not work & we must find an alternative lifestyle.
We will find in the words of Jesus Christ a great and valuable discovery: old sources of a new lifestyle. God's word has been tested many times and proven to be both reliable and an effective source of life. The real inconvenient truth is that this is indeed the 'daily diet' that our world needs.
Welcome Fall!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment