I have SO much to be thankful for this year! I am away from those stinky spirits & on with my life. I can't believe that I could ever be thankful or happy with all that trash. My mom was able to have surgery over the holiday weekend where she could recoup without missing work... My friends are coming over... and my dad is cooking!
We lost power for about an hour & 1/2 so I had to get ready in the dark to go get my mom from the hospital. I ran in there to take a shower while the water was still hot in the water heater tank... LOL. I told my mom that I might look a fright when I got there cuz there are NO windows in my bathrooms (if I get a handyman in my next life - I want a small window of some sort in my master bath). My mom said it was ok... she said she probably looked a fright too... mom's have a way of making you feel better, even when they don't feel good!
We finally ate in the evening & only TWO people, plus me of the DOZEN my dad had invited showed up. He was a bit disappointed. I told him next time, let's just make small plans & only cook for a couple of extra people to come since it seems to be that way alot.
Welcome Fall!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment