I had a guy look at the van on Monday that does car repairs on the side. We were all thinking - alternator, not a MAJOR job... WRONG! He said no b/c he didn't have time & really didn't want to get that involved in the car. It was going to be one evening to take it apart & another to get the alternator off & new one on, then another to put it back together. I called another side mechanic & the first thing out of his mouth after asking what kind of car it was... Oh, the BEAST!
I knew then that I better get it to a good shop & it wasn't going to be the dealer for $400 for just labor. I called Bastrop Auto Works, who is known around town for being pretty good, Katie went to school with their younger son (who was full of manners) & they go to my mom's church. SO I figured good people - go for it! I called the guy & he said he would do it... COOL, now just go get it & drive it with no a/c again.
I put it in the shop Monday evening & knew it might be a couple of days but that is life. I was right. I got it back this evening... but hey, I could listen to the radio & run the a/c that wasn't blowing very cold.
Welcome Fall!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment