Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Standards...

I know that we are living in the last days. At times, it is hard to live 'apart' from the world & not be 'of' the world. However, there is a reason I was raised with the standards I was raised with by my parents. The Bible says... "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14 Therefore if I do not keep my holiness standards, I will not see God. I cannot compromise my witness because I do not want to hear strong preaching or live a strict life.

The word of God is the same yesterday, today & forever! If the standards were there 20-40 years ago, they should be there today. In my opinion, Pentecostals have been persecuted a long time for their standards. However, they were present in the Bible so they have been around for a LONG time. Many people think we are being judgemental because we will not compromise. Call us judgemental if you want, but we follow the Word! It's about what God says, not what man says. Try turning off your TV for just one evening & reading your Bible - it doesn't matter where you start, just let it fall open. I believe you will be touched & want more and more.

No comments:

My Mistakes...