I went to the plant & we were having our Christmas party, plus bbq lunch. I didn't know the plant was only working until lunch that day, having the party & getting sent home. Most of them had not worked most of the week & were called in Friday to work, for the party & receive their paychecks. Some of them only received 8 hours on their paycheck. My coworker told me she guessed she would be the one to cut out early today. Actually, we were supposed to be taking turns having days off while we were slow but I was the only one taking days off. I already knew they had temporarily laid off 2 workers (not counting one this summer b/c they wouldn't let her return to work on light duty after her surgery). My coworker told me I might want to take the same option since there is really no activity in the office either. She gave me a temporary lay off until 1/26, with the option of filing unemployment. I tried to get them to commit to letting me work 19 hours/week to stay off unemployment... no go. I was not scared or upset. I knew God had a plan & had it all worked out in His own way. I believe this is a way for me to go on & start more of my 'new life'. I did apply for a good job on Thursday evening, just pray I get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment