Yesterday I stopped to get a BIG iced drink on the way to Austin. I was reminded of Big Gulps from 7-Eleven when I was a teenager. They used to be 49, then 59 cents. It was a treat to get to go get a Big Gulp. I vividly remember going to 7-Eleven when Hurricane Alicia hit in about 1983 or 84 and we did not have power for several days. We would get to ride in the a/c to the store & then get our Big Gulp. Awe - it was soothing! For those of you who have lived in the Houston area, you know that a/c is a necessity because you need it about 10-12 months out of the year!
Now you can hardly find a 7-Eleven. I know there are just a few left in Austin and one in Smithville & Temple that we stop at now & then. After 7-Eleven went by the way, it was Stop N Go... I remember my childhood friend, Rhonda & I going to get a big iced drink there after we were grown. It was only about 89 cents at the time. Now try to buy an iced drink for less than a $ - it's rare but they are out there still. =D
Welcome Fall!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment