I was feeling really down yesterday & had a small crying spell before church. I figured I would be ok & would get encouraged at church - what else is church for?! I get there about 20-30 minutes late but go on in & sit down. Right off the bat, a sister makes a comment to me & knocks me down. Well, I couldn't stop the tears... they just flowed all through the rest of Sunday School. You just have to understand that we are just human & we are not perfect, just forgiven.

I was still overwhelmed when we started singing. Sometimes when people are in this situation, you have to let them cry it out & just be there for them & pray for them. But quickly, I was knocked down again. This time - it hit me hard & made me upset. So this is why I ask, what is church for? I was taught that church is for encouragement & for us to lift each other up. I think that at times - church can be the worst place to receive encouragement b/c as Christians, we tear each other down instead of lifting each other up. So sometimes you just have to smile, pretend like everything is okay, hold back the tears and just walk away. Therefore, no matter what you just have to realize that God is there for you & will help you through no matter what... and no matter what man does to you.

1 comment:
Shawn,
Stay strong, KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS and not on man, we are not perfect that is why we are suppose go to church, to deal with our shortcomings, imperfections, and our sins, Jesus will never leave us or forsake us, man will let us down, but Jesus WILL not let us stay down. If don't nobody else ever tell you this just remember that I love you like a sister, you are strong, you are loved, you are wonderful, you are blessed and highly favored, you are beautiful, you are royalty girl, you are the best because you are in Christ.
Post a Comment